Common problems associated with aquaculture infrastructure include a need to enhance durability and chemical resistance ( sea-based containment ) and growing costs to the bottom line due to inadequate concrete protection and leaking pipes / pipe joints ( land-based containment ).
AGRU Sea-Based Aquaculture Solutions address durability and operational costs to :
• Improve reliability and margins of safe and dependable yields by preventing biological growth or corrosion on containment walls ( containment approach ).
• Help ensure fish stock does not escape , which can be a significant setback as the fish farm would need to start over .
• Prevent nonnative fish stock from escaping into waters and incurring high retrieval costs ( 8 ).
AGRU Land-Based Aquaculture Solutions address maintenance and operational costs to :
• Improve reliability and margins of safe and dependable yields by preventing biological growth or corrosion on containment walls .
• Reduce variable operating costs by preventing leaks in the piping system .
• Lower utilization and decreased life of existing facilities — leaks can reduce the service life of treatment and conveyance systems by requiring system expansions that would not otherwise be required .
AGRU ’ s Aquaculture Solutions incorporates three product categories : Ultra Grip concrete protective liner ( CPL ), PE 100-RC pipes , fittings , valves , and thermoplastic semi-finished products . Together , these products support the creation of modern fish farms in various environments .
AGRULINE 24 – 63 ’’ pipes enable the creation of better sea- and land-based aquaculture systems that last longer , demonstrate lower operating costs , and feature improved reliability .
The Plastics Experts . 10